Organic.Edunet Collection Criteria
An important step towards the assurance of the quality of the metadata records available through the Organic.Edunet Web portal is the compliance of these records with a set of predefined criteria. The criteria used for this purpose can be found in the Peer Review Grid below. The grid covers a variety of quality aspects regarding the metadata records, both from a technical and from a content point of view. The Organic.Edunet Collection Criteria are a set of criteria that cover the resources available through the Organic.Edunet Web portal. These criteria ensure the following aspects:
- Access to the resource: Since only the metadata records (and not the actual resources) are stored in the Organic.Edunet Web portal, the content provider is responsible for providing a link to the resource that is properly functioning and leads to the resource described by the metadata record.
- Appropriateness: The content provider is responsible for providing resources that are not promoting violence, pornography, child abuse, racism or religious offending information.
- Relevance to the thematic areas covered by Organic.Edunet: The content provider is responsible for providing resources that are related to the scope of Organic.Edunet, covering topics like organic agriculture, agroecology and other green topics.
- Copyright status of the resource & metadata: The content provider is responsible for making sure that the copyright information applying to each resource is clearly described and that the resources contributed are allowed to be promoted through the Organic.Edunet Web portal. In addition, the metadata should be covered by an appropriate Creative Commons (CC) licence that allows the modification/derivatives of the original of the original, since the metadata records will be translated to additional languages and enriched. The following CC licenses are then appropriate:
- Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0), allowing derivative works;
- Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0), allowing commercial use and derivative works;
- Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0), allowing commercial use and derivative works but in share alike
- Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0), allowing derivative works but in share alike.
- In case the records are found to be complete and correct according to the Organic.Edunet metadata AP, they will be validated and automatically published to the portal after they are automaticaly harvested.
- In case revisions are required, the Organic.Edunet team will contact you with details for the revision/enrichment of the metadata records before they are published in the Organic.Edunet Web portal.
Organic.Edunet Content Peer-Review
All resources available through the Organic.Edunet Web portal should comply with the quality criteria shown in the peer-review grid below. These criteria are categorized as technical and content criteria, and are used to evaluate various aspects of the metadata records and the resources themselves. This Peer-Review Grid is used by the Organic.Edunet team for the evaluation of the resources to be published through the Organic.Edunet Web portal.